Took some time tonight to re-build my FSK interface for the TS-2000 and
add CW keying for the upcoming ARRL DX CW contest. Looks much nicer
now. Schematics are here: http://www.aa5au.com/rtty/fsk-interface
Also had to made a pig tail to get all the signals out separately to be
able to use it with multiple radios.
Update 4/8/2016: Code is now on GitHub https://github.com/michaelschulz/rotorduino
I finally found some time to post the source for my rotor controller I posted about a long time ago. Maybe some day I will also find time to make the schematic. I never drew schematics in a proper tool other than on a piece of paper. It should however be somewhat self explanatory. As the saying goes:”The documentation is in the source” :).
Final sanding and then finish (wipe on poly + wax).
And installed in the new room. Now running cables and putting stuff back in place.
Got another TS-2000 (again). It is a good radio after all. Tried next to a TS-590S
I could not make out a dramatic difference in weak CW signals. But that amber
display light … that’s just wrong 🙂
I wrote about the process here before. Next up the 1st IF tap to hook up an RTL-SDR.
During the month of January I had the honor and pleasure to operate as K3Y/7
to celebrate the birthday of the Straight Key Century Club (SKCC).
After 387 QSOs it’’
Also had of course time to work all the other stations operating as K3Y including
all DX ops.
Started to build the table top for the new shack. 10’9” long and 3’ wide. Space is good.
Made a zero clearance insert for more cleaner cuts on the table saw.
Works great and also allows to keep the kerf in.